change system default printer?
Author Message
 change system default printer?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to have my program change the windows default printer
automatically, from within the program, without any user interaction.  I
have been able to capture the properties of the current windows default
printer, but I have not been able to change which printer is the system
default from within the program.  I am using Microsoft Visual C 6.0.  Any
help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil Michaels

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 change system default printer?

Quote:
>I am trying to have my program change the windows default printer
>automatically, from within the program, without any user interaction.

Phil,

Have a look at Knowledge Base articles Q135387 "How to Get and Set the
Default Printer in Windows", and Q140560 "How to Set the Default
Printer Programmatically in Windows 95".

Dave

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 change system default printer?
These articles solved the problem.

Thanks,

Phil Michaels

--

PHiLM

Quote:
> >I am trying to have my program change the windows default printer
> >automatically, from within the program, without any user interaction.

> Phil,

> Have a look at Knowledge Base articles Q135387 "How to Get and Set the
> Default Printer in Windows", and Q140560 "How to Set the Default
> Printer Programmatically in Windows 95".

> Dave
> --
> My address is altered to discourage junk mail.
> Please post responses to the newsgroup thread,
> there's no need for follow-up email copies.

Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing the default printer settings for the entire system

2. Change the default system printer with Visual C++

3. Windows Default Printers and Default Printer Setups

4. Default System Printer: HELP!

5. System's Default Printer Settings on NT

6. Changing default printer

7. How to change the default printer

8. Changing Default Printer

9. Changing Default Printer Tray

10. Changing the default Printer Tray

11. Changing the default printer

12. changing default printer orientation