find last saved file in a folder and subfolders
Author Message
 find last saved file in a folder and subfolders

Trying to find a quick way to find the file that was saved last in a folder
including it's subfolders. I can do it with VBA by looping through all the
files and comparing the filedatetime, but I thought that perhaps there might
be a quicker way. Thanks for any advice.

RBS

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:56:46 GMT
 find last saved file in a folder and subfolders

Quote:
>Trying to find a quick way to find the file that was saved last in a folder
>including it's subfolders. I can do it with VBA by looping through all the
>files and comparing the filedatetime, but I thought that perhaps there might
>be a quicker way. Thanks for any advice.

You can use the equivalent technique in C++ by using the
FindFirstFile, FindNextFile, FindClose APIs. Presumably this will be
much faster than VBA.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:59:23 GMT

1. listing all files in a folder + subfolders

2. reading all files in a folder and it's subfolders

3. Finding & copying files in folder/sub folders

4. last access time and last modified time for a folder

5. Last file saved

6. How can you access the last file saved?

7. How can you access the last file saved?

8. Extracting/Printing/Saving the File List from File Find(Search)

9. File/Folder path of a file/folder on the explorer

10. Find last, or find previous...

11. Find last, or find previous...

12. Using Windows Find/Files or Folders