Create mutiple views of one document using different view classes
Author Message
 Create mutiple views of one document using different view classes

How do you do it??  The OnFileNew command always uses the determined
document template and I don't know how to be able to specify my app to use
another view class  in a whole new child window.  This seems like it would
be an easy task, but I can't seem to find anything that suits my needs.  I
know how to view the same document with two different view classes with a
splitter, but I want to use different windows.  It's not a common style, but
this is what I want to learn how to do.

Appreciate the time taken to answer this.

Alvin

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Create mutiple views of one document using different view classes

  Check out the book "Inside Visual C++ 5.0" from Microsoft Press.  It has a
whole chapter on multi-view implementations using SDI and MDI applications.
The author explains how to do multi-view splitters, MDIs with different
views, and lots of other stuff.
--
Dylan Bourque

Quote:

>How do you do it??  The OnFileNew command always uses the determined
>document template and I don't know how to be able to specify my app to use
>another view class  in a whole new child window.  This seems like it would
>be an easy task, but I can't seem to find anything that suits my needs.  I
>know how to view the same document with two different view classes with a
>splitter, but I want to use different windows.  It's not a common style,
but
>this is what I want to learn how to do.

>Appreciate the time taken to answer this.

>Alvin

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Create mutiple views of one document using different view classes

    Actually several ways to do this. The way I typically do it is to create a
new CMDIChildWnd-derived class
(using new) and use the CCreateContext parameter at the end of the Create
function to attach it to the framework (this struct tells which document/view,
etc to use). This may not be the easiest way, though. I think the easiest way is
to start in the document, and use the CDocTemplate member CreateNewFrame to
bring up a new frame on the same document. - Doug S.

Quote:

> How do you do it??  The OnFileNew command always uses the determined
> document template and I don't know how to be able to specify my app to use
> another view class  in a whole new child window.  This seems like it would
> be an easy task, but I can't seem to find anything that suits my needs.  I
> know how to view the same document with two different view classes with a
> splitter, but I want to use different windows.  It's not a common style, but
> this is what I want to learn how to do.

> Appreciate the time taken to answer this.

> Alvin

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Create mutiple views of one document using different view classes

Quote:

>How do you do it??  The OnFileNew command always uses the determined
>document template and I don't know how to be able to specify my app to use
>another view class  in a whole new child window.  This seems like it would
>be an easy task, but I can't seem to find anything that suits my needs.  I
>know how to view the same document with two different view classes with a
>splitter, but I want to use different windows.  It's not a common style, but
>this is what I want to learn how to do.

The CHKBOOK sample shows how to do this.
HTH, Howard Rubin
--
Advertisers using spambots, please don't send to the following addresses:

Sun, 19 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Create mutiple views of one document using different view classes

2. Creating one document + 2 different views ?

3. how to create mutiple view for a document

4. Multiple Different Views for one of several documents.

5. MDI with different views and one document

6. MDI: One document with multiple (different views)

7. One Document / 2 different views

8. How to modify the Title of each view in Multiple view / one document app

9. Document and View class in a different dll

10. Using MDIChildFrame for different views of document

11. New document in a SDI application using multiple different views

12. creating multiple views on one document