What is the difference in the /version link switch and the version Resources
Author Message
 What is the difference in the /version link switch and the version Resources

I know how to set and retrieve the version resource but I'd like to
know how to retrieve the # from the /version link switch
Also can someone give me some insight on the differences and
advantages of each method?

Thanks

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 04:42:03 GMT
 What is the difference in the /version link switch and the version Resources

Quote:

> I know how to set and retrieve the version resource but I'd like to
> know how to retrieve the # from the /version link switch
> Also can someone give me some insight on the differences and
> advantages of each method?

/version sets the version field of the PE header on the produced image.
It's independent of resources, and can be used on flie (like drivers)
that typically don't have any resources.

AFIAK, there's no API to read the PE header version - you'd have to
locate the PE header in the file (or in the in-memory image) and read
the appropriate bytes of the header to find the version.

-cd

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 04:52:45 GMT

1. Linking...CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource resource -- type:VERSION, name:1, language:0x0409

2. Difference between Debug version and release version

3. Version resource and /Version option

4. Link user DLL's with 16 bits version VC++ vs 32 bits version

5. Version Difference?

6. Version Difference please?

7. Version Difference?

8. Compiler differences between Professional and Enterprise versions ?

9. what is the difference between standart and profesional version

10. Differences between Debug and Release Version of an ActiveX

11. Difference between intro and other versions of VC++?

12. Difference between debug and release version