"Access violation" accessing a DLL
Author Message
 "Access violation" accessing a DLL

Quote:

>Hello you vc wizards,

>I have the following problem when I try to access from my application to a
>class hosted in a provided DLL :
>"Access violation, Memory can't be written".

>The provided DLL has not been compiled with vc, but with c++ builder.

>Any clue on how I could fix this ?

I presume, since you post this question to a ...vc newsgroup, that
your application is built using Visual C++.

There is no guarantee that the C++ object model, calling
conventions and register usage are compatable across
different vendors' C++ compilers, unless they both adhere
to some known conventions such as (for example) the COM
binary conventions.

If you are sure that those conventions are the same between
BCB and VC for the class involved, then there is not enough
information to offer any clues other than: read the code more
carefully, rebuild everything, and fire up a de{*filter*} suited
for the site of the violation.

--Larry Brasfield
Above opinions may be mine alone.

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 "Access violation" accessing a DLL
Hello you vc wizards,

I have the following problem when I try to access from my application to a
class hosted in a provided DLL :
"Access violation, Memory can't be written".

The provided DLL has not been compiled with vc, but with c++ builder.

Any clue on how I could fix this ?

Thanks,

Francois

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Access Violation" with Release version

2. CString strange "Access Violation" error

3. VB accessing a "C++ DLL"

4. Compilation error CS0016 "Access denied"

5. Access Denied reading DirectoryEntry("IIS://server")

6. "Accessing the PCB"

7. "C" Access Drivers

8. How to access "comp.sources.unix"

9. issuing "MS Access" reports through MSVC

10. COM: Accessing "parent" object

11. MS Access "Caption" from DAORecordset

12. "Accessing" Implementation Classes