Debugging a DLL using a VB program
Author Message
 Debugging a DLL using a VB program

I have a DLL written in C++.  One of my exported functions called Process
returns a float (defined as FLOAT_32).  My problem is that when the DLL is
compiled in release mode, it works fine and the value returned by C++
matches what the VB container program sees.  When the DLL is compiled in
debug mode (using the debug multithreaded run time library) the value
returned by C++ (which is typically 0 to indicate there have been no errors)
is seen by VB as something completely different.

Can anyone explain why this might be the case.
I'm using Visual Studio 6 with the October 2001 of the MSDN on an XP
machine.

Stephen
<><

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:17:22 GMT

1. Debugging a VC dll used in VB exe

2. Using VB-created Activex DLLs in a VC program

3. Writing Dll used in VB program?

4. Howto make a dll in VC++ 6 to be used in VB 6 and VB .Net

5. Howto make a dll in VC++ 6 to be used in VB 6 and VB .Net

6. Using VB collections in a VB DLL in VC

7. Howto make a dll in VC++ 6 to be used in VB 6 and VB .Net

8. call a VB COM dll thru a C++ COM dll from a C program

9. Using VB-DLL functions (VGAP4-DLL) and the datatype BSTR

10. call a VB COM dll thru a C++ COM dll from a C program

11. How to debug a atl com dll used by VB dll which is again used by an ASp page

12. Debugging a VB app using VC debugger