How can I get Hard Disk Serial Number?
Author Message
 How can I get Hard Disk Serial Number?

Help me!

I need to get real serial number (serial number of hardware).

Function API GetVolumeInformation returns only logic volume serial number.
For example, I have one hard disk with two partitions (C: and D:).
GetVolumeInformation returns two different serial numbers.
But I need real hard disk serial number.

--
Best wishes,

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:05:00 GMT
 How can I get Hard Disk Serial Number?

Quote:

> I need to get real serial number (serial number of hardware).

> Function API GetVolumeInformation returns only logic volume serial
> number. For example, I have one hard disk with two partitions (C: and
> D:). GetVolumeInformation returns two different serial numbers.
> But I need real hard disk serial number.

"WMI-SDK", especially "Win32_DiskDrive" and then "Signature"

--
Greetings
  Jochen

  Do you need a memory-leak finder ?
  http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/leakfinder.asp

Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:16:25 GMT

1. getting the hard disk serial number

2. Getting Hard Disk Serial Number

3. Getting serial number of hard disk

4. Hard disk serial number. Please help

5. Determining the serial number on a hard disk

6. Hard disk's serial number

7. Hard disk serial number info

8. Hard disk serial number

9. Reading Hard Disk Serial Number

10. How to get Hard Disk Serial Number

11. Obtaining Hard Disk Serial Number

12. serial number a motherboard or hard disk or processor