Make control visible
Author Message
 Make control visible

Hello,

I have written a dialog-based app that has a progress control located on
the dialog.  I have set its visible property to FALSE in the resource
editor.  What I want to do is make it visible at a specific point within
my program.  What is the code required to do this.  The control is
IDS_PROGRESS1, and my dialog is IDD_DIALOG1.

Thanks!
Dale Ryker

Sun, 01 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Make control visible
Hi Dale,
at the specific point:

GetDlgItem(IDS_PROGRESS1)->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);
or
GetDescendantWindow(IDS_PROGRESS1)->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW);

Hope it helps,
Stefan.

Quote:

> Hello,

> I have written a dialog-based app that has a progress control located on
> the dialog.  I have set its visible property to FALSE in the resource
> editor.  What I want to do is make it visible at a specific point within
> my program.  What is the code required to do this.  The control is
> IDS_PROGRESS1, and my dialog is IDD_DIALOG1.

> Thanks!
> Dale Ryker

Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Making a visible control hidden during execution

2. Making Class Visible Throughout Application

3. Making Summary Info Visible in Object Browser

4. Console window - need help making it visible!

5. Making global variable visible in other modules?

6. need help making class object visible to rest of class functions

7. Making variables in an executable visible to my .dll

8. Making last line of text first visible in edit box

9. making bmp visible

10. Making last line of text first visible in edit box

11. Making a button visible at runtime

12. Can toggle between visible and not visible.