what different about UNC path and local path?
Author Message
 what different about UNC path and local path?

Hi, Everybody

    I have a exe file which is compile by gcc. problem is that it is can be
executed normally under UNC path in win2k but can't execute normal under
local path ( c:\xxx;d:\xxx etc.). who can tell me why? and how to setting
the win2k?, what different in UNC path and local path in input/out function
by c or c++

thanks anyway,

Bill Sun

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:08:06 GMT
 what different about UNC path and local path?

Quote:
> Hi, Everybody

>     I have a exe file which is compile by gcc. problem is that it is can
be
> executed normally under UNC path in win2k but can't execute normal under
> local path ( c:\xxx;d:\xxx etc.). who can tell me why? and how to setting
> the win2k?, what different in UNC path and local path in input/out
function
> by c or c++

What's the name of the EXE and in what way doe sit NOT execute under a
normal path e.g. what's the error?

--
russ.
http://www.gipsysoft.com/articles/winspector/ - FREE Spy++ replacement.

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 06:51:51 GMT

1. what different about UNC path and local path?

2. what different about UNC path and local path?

3. UNC path from local path

4. Conversion from a given local path to a UNC path

5. convert UNC path to local path

6. UNC path from local path

7. Convert UNC name to Local Path

8. Getting local path from UNC

9. Comparing paths correctly (allowing UNC paths)?

10. createfile api does not happy with unc path

11. Problem using UNC path to connect to Access 7.0 database

12. How to find UNC paths for mapped drives on a Remote computer