Non standard lib names not recognized by VC 6.0????
Author Message
 Non standard lib names not recognized by VC 6.0????

We have a couple DLL projects in our workspace.  All but one of them were
created pre-VC 6.0.

In the one created using VC 6.0 sp2, we've replaced the 'DEBUG\xxx.dll' name
with our own name.  Every time the project is loaded the IDE doesn't
recognize our name and replaces it with 'DEBUG\xxx.dll'.  Our name is still
in the link parameters text box.  When the linker sees it, an error is
reported.

Has anyone ran into this or  know of a solution?

Thanks,
Dan

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Non standard lib names not recognized by VC 6.0????
What are you changing it too?  What is the error you get from the linker?

--
Visit: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jjmarshall/

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Non standard lib names not recognized by VC 6.0????

I change it to:
/Shake/include/startup/nrqt.dll

and the linker error is:
--------------------Configuration: nrqt - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "/Shake/include/startup/nrqt.dll"
Error executing link.exe.

nrqt.dll - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I'm able to compile after changing it.  But the next time I load the project and compile, I get the previous error.

Quote:
>What are you changing it too?  What is the error you get from the linker?

>--
>Visit: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jjmarshall/

Sun, 23 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. standard constants are not recognized on different OS

2. not recognizing standard header files

3. vc not recognizing sql functions

4. fstream not recognized with vc compiler?? part2

5. ifstream is not recognized with vc compiler?

6. Vc does not recognize this function

7. a bug in VC 7.0 (but not in VC 6.0)

8. DLL built with VC 6.0 not working with VC 7.0 application

9. Works in VC 5.0 not in VC 6.0

10. MsJet / DAO with VC 6.0 (Non-MFC)

11. NON EXISTING complex numbers in VC 6.0

12. missing NAFXCWD.LIB after upgrading to VC 6.0