IntelliSense not working with header file only classes
Author Message
 IntelliSense not working with header file only classes

Anyone know how to get Intellisense to work with classes when you are just
including the header files via #include "myclass.h" The include files are
not located within the same project directory (they are not part of the
workspace and are not listed in the FileView) but their location is defined
via the 'Additional include directories' setting in the project settings.

Simon McCarthy.

Sat, 03 Jan 2004 17:08:26 GMT
 IntelliSense not working with header file only classes
Hi,

I had the same problems with the directx8 headers.
Include them in your project, not as additional headers, then it should
work.
Someone told me that it also works when you have opened the additonal
header.

Oliver Fleischmann

Quote:
> Anyone know how to get Intellisense to work with classes when you are just
> including the header files via #include "myclass.h" The include files are
> not located within the same project directory (they are not part of the
> workspace and are not listed in the FileView) but their location is
defined
> via the 'Additional include directories' setting in the project settings.

> Simon McCarthy.

Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:46:12 GMT
 IntelliSense not working with header file only classes
That did the trick - many thanks.

p.s. It amazes me there is no MSDN info on this.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I had the same problems with the directx8 headers.
> Include them in your project, not as additional headers, then it should
> work.
> Someone told me that it also works when you have opened the additonal
> header.

> Oliver Fleischmann

> > Anyone know how to get Intellisense to work with classes when you are
just
> > including the header files via #include "myclass.h" The include files
are
> > not located within the same project directory (they are not part of the
> > workspace and are not listed in the FileView) but their location is
> defined
> > via the 'Additional include directories' setting in the project
settings.

> > Simon McCarthy.

Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:01:04 GMT
 IntelliSense not working with header file only classes
On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:01:04 +0100, "Simon McCarthy"

Quote:

>p.s. It amazes me there is no MSDN info on this.

Intellisense is the effort of one programmer at Microsoft who has been
working on it on his own time (the last I heard).  Do yourself and your
productivity a favor and check out www.wholetomato.com for what
intellisense *should* be.

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
 _

Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:25:35 GMT
 IntelliSense not working with header file only classes
IntelliSense has been improved a lot in VS.Net Beta1 and Beta2. You will
probably want to check that out, too.
Your specific problem works on my VS.Net Beta2 :)

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:18:51 GMT
 IntelliSense not working with header file only classes
It has never been true that IntelliSense is the effort of a single
programmer working on his own time.

Bill

Quote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:01:04 +0100, "Simon McCarthy"

> >p.s. It amazes me there is no MSDN info on this.

> Intellisense is the effort of one programmer at Microsoft who has been
> working on it on his own time (the last I heard).  Do yourself and your
> productivity a favor and check out www.wholetomato.com for what
> intellisense *should* be.

> --
> #include <standard.disclaimer>
>  _
> Kevin D Quitt  USA 91351-4454           96.37% of all statistics are made
up
> Per the FCA, this email address may not be added to any commercial mail

list

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:51:03 GMT
 IntelliSense not working with header file only classes

Quote:
>It has never been true that IntelliSense is the effort of a single
>programmer working on his own time.

OK, but that's what we were told at one of the developer conferences by
one of the (Microsoft developers of C++) speakers when Intellisense didn't
work right for him during the demonstration.  I'll still take
WholeTomato's product over intellisense.

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
 _
Kevin D Quitt  USA 91351-4454           96.37% of all statistics are made up
Per the FCA, this email address may not be added to any commercial mail list

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 12:31:52 GMT

1. C++/ATL/ADO - Intellisense not working (statement completion options) not working

2. IMPORTANT: IntelliSense does not work after __typeof operator

3. Intellisense: Often does not work, reproducable sample

4. IntelliSense Does NOT Work?

5. intellisense doesnt work consistently on nested classes

6. intellisense not working

7. Intellisense does not work any more

8. Intellisense not working

9. ClassView, Wizardbar and Intellisense do NOT work

10. ClassView, Wizardbar and Intellisense do NOT work

11. IMPORTANT: IntelliSense does not work after the __typeof operator

12. ClassView, Wizardbar and Intellisense do NOT work