VC++6.0 Multi-threading: Dialog or SDI/MDI
Author Message
 VC++6.0 Multi-threading: Dialog or SDI/MDI

Hi,

I'm writing a GUI in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 to talk
to a bit of VxWorks driven hardware.  To keep it simple,
and the fact that I've never programmed in MSVC or
on a PC, I initially thought of using a dialog based approach.
However, I will need to have multi-threading to deal with
unsolicitated message coming to the PC.

My question is can I have multiple threads in a GUI built
using the dialog based application option in the MFC
AppWizard.  Or should I be using the SDI/MDI option instead.
Are there any advantages/disadvantages associated with
each?

Are there any resource/background information sites
that might be useful for this kind of task.

Thanks in advance, Anwar

Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:07:05 GMT

1. VC++6.0 Multi-threading: Dialog or SDI/MDI

2. VC++6.0 Multi-threading: Dialog or SDI/MDI

3. SDI vs MDI or multithreading?

4. MFC UI Thread doesnt start when COM method called in multi-threaded MFC dialog App

5. very strange problem with multi-thread SDI application

6. MDI and Multithreading: Each Child is a New Thread

7. Multi-threaded MDI app problem

8. Multi-threaded MDI app problem

9. Multi Threaded MDI using CMultiDocTemplate

10. Dialog box pop-up - SDI vs. MDI apps

11. Dialog box pop-ups - SDI vs. MDI apps

12. MDI, SDI, or Dialog?