Help! I keep getting full rebuilds
Author Message
 Help! I keep getting full rebuilds

Help!  Everytime that I reload a Visual C++ project, I have to do a full
rebuild. After the full rebuild, things behave normally:  I can change one
line, recompile that one file, link and go.

BUT, if I restart Visual C++, I always have to rebuild the entire project.
This problem doesn't seem to be tied to any particular project or workspace.
It even happens if I create a new AppWizard project.

It wasn't always like this.  Something happened somewhere along the way.

Has anyone else seen this before?  (I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP1)

Tim Kingsbury

Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! I keep getting full rebuilds
I had this start happening once I'd installed the VC CE 6.0 Toolkit.  I
suspect it's one of the files in that release.

Bryan Donaldson
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it...

Quote:

>Help!  Everytime that I reload a Visual C++ project, I have to do a full
>rebuild. After the full rebuild, things behave normally:  I can change one
>line, recompile that one file, link and go.

>BUT, if I restart Visual C++, I always have to rebuild the entire project.
>This problem doesn't seem to be tied to any particular project or
workspace.
>It even happens if I create a new AppWizard project.

>It wasn't always like this.  Something happened somewhere along the way.

>Has anyone else seen this before?  (I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP1)

>Tim Kingsbury

Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! I keep getting full rebuilds

Thanks.

The CE 6.0 tookit is definitely the culprit.  Apparently it's a known bug.

That's really obnoxious.

Tim

Quote:
> I had this start happening once I'd installed the VC CE 6.0 Toolkit.  I
> suspect it's one of the files in that release.

> Bryan Donaldson
> Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it...

> >Help!  Everytime that I reload a Visual C++ project, I have to do a full
> >rebuild. After the full rebuild, things behave normally:  I can change
one
> >line, recompile that one file, link and go.

> >BUT, if I restart Visual C++, I always have to rebuild the entire
project.
> >This problem doesn't seem to be tied to any particular project or
> workspace.
> >It even happens if I create a new AppWizard project.

> >It wasn't always like this.  Something happened somewhere along the way.

> >Has anyone else seen this before?  (I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP1)

> >Tim Kingsbury

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help! I keep getting full rebuilds
Can you do a recursive directory scan and found out which file(s) are
the culprits? Presumably one or more of them must have a future date.
Alternately, write a recursive 'touch' program that sets all file dates
to the current date - that should solve it.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Cavedog Entertainment.
Makers of Total Annihilation - http://www.cavedog.com

Thu, 04 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rebuild, Rebuild, Rebuild

2. keeps rebuilding project with var in name

3. VS.NET beta keeps rebuilding my solution

4. lib PDB bad after full rebuild

5. VC 6 Make errors, full rebuild fixes it

6. problem in VC 4.2 with full rebuild: Error C1085 precompiled header files

7. Help with an error I keep getting

8. My .ncb file keeps getting corrupted

9. Keep getting lnk error

10. getting rid of menu and titlebar but keeping Splitters

11. server sock keeps on getting 204 when i run it from VC++ editor

12. Keep getting an undeclared Identifier error!