Link Err LNK2005
Author Message
 Link Err LNK2005

Hello,

I'm reworking some code from an inherited project. Using many of the
same files, but building a new project from scratch (no Wizard). The
old project still compiles and runs, but the new one has a linker
error:

nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator

libcpmtd.lib(delop.obj)

I've checked in Project | Settings and didn't see anything different,
but I could have missed something.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Kyle Green

 Running NT 4.0 (build 1381)
 Using Virtual Access 4.0

Sun, 28 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Link Err LNK2005

The problem turned out to be the order of files listed in the
precompiled header. <map>, <set> etc cannot come before the MFC
classes. No compile error is produced, but the link err occurred. I
moved them and the problem disappeared.

Kyle Green

 Running NT 4.0 (build 1381)
 Using Virtual Access 4.0

Wed, 31 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. err LNK2005: Read article Q148652 but still didn't solve

2. PRB: LNK2005 Errors When Link C Run-Time Libraries Are Linked Before MFC Libraries (Q148652)

3. HEEELLP PLEASE Errs - linking IJPEG library

4. Turbo C++ 1.01 link err

5. Link Errors : error LNK2005 and LNK2004

6. Please Help! - Link Error LNK2005

7. help- Link error LNK2005

8. LNK2005 Link errors when doing Release Build??

9. link problem, error LNK2005 using CSocket

10. Forcing a Link due to LNK2005

11. Please Help! - Link Error LNK2005

12. LNK2005 Link errors when doing Release Build??