How to find the caret location in a single line edit box
Author Message
 How to find the caret location in a single line edit box

I can't find out how to determine what column the caret is in a single
line edit box.  I have found example of multi-line edit boxes but it
does not work the same with single line edit box.

Help?  Anyone!

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:56:55 GMT
 How to find the caret location in a single line edit box
Just use EM_GETSEL (or in MFC, CEdit::GetSel). If nothing is selected, the
starting and ending positions will be the same: the location of the
insertion point. Naturally, if something is selected, the start and end
positions will indicate the selection.

--Carter

Quote:
> I can't find out how to determine what column the caret is in a single
> line edit box.  I have found example of multi-line edit boxes but it
> does not work the same with single line edit box.

> Help?  Anyone!

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:23:05 GMT

1. Help with edit box carets

2. changing caret size in edit box

3. Edit Box with Multi Edit Line

4. multi line edit box in Dialoge box

5. Help with single line edit entries

6. Moving throgh single line edit controls with arrows (VC ++ 4.0)

7. Single line edit controls for Windows applications...

8. Help with single line edit entries

9. Single line in dialog-box

10. Variable # of single line edit boxes in Dialog Box?

11. press enter in an edit box and make it happen in an other edit box too

12. *** Edit box *** Edit Box *****