Troubleshooting the VS6 "New Projects" List
Author Message
 Troubleshooting the VS6 "New Projects" List

Folks:

I'm trying to work with a 3rd party SDK (call it "XYZ SDK") that installed
something in VS6 that makes an "XYZ Application" item appear in the VS6 New

Quote:
> Projects list.

Trouble is, that item has now disappeared, and I have no idea why. Could
someone explain how that mechanism works? I'm assuming it's based on some
files or registry entries somewhere, but have no idea where to start, nor
what keywords to use to search VS6 help (a needle-in-haystack exercise at
the best of times!

Thanks,

Graham

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:39:50 GMT
 Troubleshooting the VS6 "New Projects" List

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Troubleshooting the VS6 "New Projects" List
Well, answered my own question -- here it is for anyone in same boat:

1. The New > Projects list provides a list base on installed "Application
Wizards".

2. Each app wizard consists of a set of files that are installed in:

...\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Template\

... and subdirs. Each set includes an xxx.awx  (app wizard) file (nice to
know if you search directories while troubleshooting).

3. My problem apparently occured because when I performed the original
install of the 3rd party SDK, I caught and manually fixed the directory
where it was going to install the wizard, but on subsequent
uninstall...reinstall new version, I did not, hence the wizard disappeared
from VS's New>Projects list.

Graham

Quote:
> Folks:

> I'm trying to work with a 3rd party SDK (call it "XYZ SDK") that installed
> something in VS6 that makes an "XYZ Application" item appear in the VS6
New
> > Projects list.

> Trouble is, that item has now disappeared, and I have no idea why. Could
> someone explain how that mechanism works? I'm assuming it's based on some
> files or registry entries somewhere, but have no idea where to start, nor
> what keywords to use to search VS6 help (a needle-in-haystack exercise at
> the best of times!

> Thanks,

> Graham

Mon, 03 Jan 2005 02:15:57 GMT

1. error in EVC on "new project"...

2. Remove "New" Button in Doc List

3. Help Please "Projects and Sub-Projects"

4. "attributed" ATL project with VS.NET

5. remove() vrs fopen("""w")

6. "Unrecoverable build error" for Setup projects

8. Looking for "Shroud"/"Obfus"

9. C for "large" software projects

10. ""help with TSR""

11. "Simple" Prolog Interpreter Project