Paste stops working in VC6 IDE, quit/restart seems to fix for a while, but...
Author Message
 Paste stops working in VC6 IDE, quit/restart seems to fix for a while, but...

Hello all,

My colleagues and I have noticed that in the Dev Studio IDE on each of
machines, we can highlight, copy, and paste for a while, but then paste
suddenly stops working. It does not happen to all of our machines at the
same time, or anything like that, purely random occurrences. I can paste in
other apps, including text copied *from* Dev Studio, to any app from Notepad
to Word, but paste within the Dev Studio is dead. To fix, we have had to
quit Dev Studio and restart. None of us have changed the keystroke for
Paste, nor have we changed the popup menu within the editor (we wish we knew
how to do this, but another time...) Some of us have reinstalled Dev Studio,
to no avail. I would hate to resort to reinstalling NT because some obscure
config file or reg entry got corrupted.

We are currently running VC6 at SP2 level.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lee Pinnella

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Paste stops working in VC6 IDE, quit/restart seems to fix for a while, but...
Hi,
    Yes, I've had that problem before.  It seems that you could cut and
paste in other source windows, too.  Then I discovered that closing and
reopening only the problem source window would fix the problem.

    But (even better), I haven't run across this problem after applying VS6
Service Pack 3.

John

Quote:
> Hello all,

> My colleagues and I have noticed that in the Dev Studio IDE on each of
> machines, we can highlight, copy, and paste for a while, but then paste
> suddenly stops working. It does not happen to all of our machines at the
> same time, or anything like that, purely random occurrences. I can paste
in
> other apps, including text copied *from* Dev Studio, to any app from
Notepad
> to Word, but paste within the Dev Studio is dead. To fix, we have had to
> quit Dev Studio and restart. None of us have changed the keystroke for
> Paste, nor have we changed the popup menu within the editor (we wish we
knew
> how to do this, but another time...) Some of us have reinstalled Dev
Studio,
> to no avail. I would hate to resort to reinstalling NT because some
obscure
> config file or reg entry got corrupted.

> We are currently running VC6 at SP2 level.

> Has anyone else run into this problem?

> Thanks in advance for any help.

> Lee Pinnella

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Paste stops working in VC6 IDE, quit/restart seems to fix for a while, but...

Quote:

> Hi,
>     Yes, I've had that problem before.  It seems that you could cut and
> paste in other source windows, too.  Then I discovered that closing and
> reopening only the problem source window would fix the problem.

>     But (even better), I haven't run across this problem after applying VS6
> Service Pack 3.

I had the same problem.  A few people a few months back had posted that they
noticed it
happening with the addition of sp4 for NT.  I installed sp3 for the compiler
the other day and haven't
seen it yet!    Yipee!!  There's nothing more aggravating than not having
something working as fundamental
as pasting!

--
B r i a n   S t u r k      E.E./Soft Eng.     8-Bit Computer Geek
http://www.nh.ultranet.com/~bsturk

"Whatever happened to Pong ??!" Frank Black
"HOL, The Hardware Obstruction Layer"  The NTChrist

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. EVC remote tools seem to have stopped working with sp2

2. Cut and Paste stops working

3. Paste in VS6 SP1 stops working.

4. VC5 - paste stopped working

5. Clipboard stops working until you Exit/Relaunch IDE

6. How can I paste a picture into CRichEditCtrl? The Paste() seems don't work (NC)

7. Stopping Force-quit?

8. Stopping Force-quit?

9. Stop Restart

10. Add new resource causes IDE to quit??

11. Mouse Wheel causes IDE to disappear / quit

12. Compile error I can't seem to fix