SHGetSpecialFolderLocation using CSIDL_APPDATA
Author Message
 SHGetSpecialFolderLocation using CSIDL_APPDATA

I have used the SHGetSpecialFolderLocation method to
obtain the path to the user's Application Data folder
using Visual Studio 6.0, but since I installed Visual
Studio .NET this method behaves differently. On XP Pro I
used to get \Documents and Settings\UserName\Application
Data. Now the method returns \Windows\Application Data.
Has this behavior been changed?

Sat, 13 Nov 2004 09:42:56 GMT
 SHGetSpecialFolderLocation using CSIDL_APPDATA
Hi,

Generally speaking, \Windows\Application Data is the folder for
application-specific data on Windows 9x. While \Documents and
Settings\UserName\Application Data is the directory on Windows 2000/XP.

Based on my experience, SHGetSpecialFolderLocation works properly on the
systems with Visual Studio .NET instaled.

Regards,
HuangTM

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:27:14 GMT

1. ShellExecute fails when using SHGetSpecialFolderLocation?

2. StructLayout, MarshalAs for SHITEMID and SHGetSpecialFolderLocation

3. How to use SHGetSpecialFolderLocation API

4. How those the SHGetSpecialFolderLocation work ?

5. SHGetSpecialFolderLocation path on server

6. SHGetSpecialFolderLocation()

7. SHGetSpecialFolderLocation to CString

8. SHGetSpecialFolderLocation problem

9. SHGetSpecialFolderLocation and CSIDL_NETWORK in NT4.0

10. SHGetSpecialFolderLocation and eVC

11. Using types in a different assembly given that the type may be used or not used

12. using using