Loosing folders in VS 6.0 (SP5)
Author Message
 Loosing folders in VS 6.0 (SP5)

Quote:

folders
>> into my application under development. They get lost
every
>> time I restart Visual Studio 6.0. ( SP 5 ) About a year
>> ago I have heard that this is a known problem. Any new
>> development?
>> PS.Do not tell me to upgrade to .NET. Not an option!
>> PPS. If possble reply here and direct, please.

>We couldn't reproduce this.  Can you send us more

information or a detailed

Quote:
>scenario?
>--
>Ben Yim & Jeff Cox & Allen Denver
>Visual C++ Team
confers no rights.

>.

Almost every time I reopen the project the items in the
created subfolders are gone, back under the parent tree
node. Sometime it takes few tries, but it will always fail!

Somehow the new folder contents is not properly saved.

Where is this info kept? In which MFC file? Does
SourceSave has anything to do with this?
I have tried this in simple vizard created project ( added
one new folder and one new class into it)  and could not
make it fail also!!

Thanks for you help Vaclav

Wed, 06 Apr 2005 01:57:16 GMT
 Loosing folders in VS 6.0 (SP5)
We're still having trouble reproducing the issue here.  It does seem likely
that it could be an issue with sourcesafe, as you mentioned.  For example,
perhaps the changes made to the project file are not getting checked back in
to sourcesafe before closing the solution, so when you reopen the solution
it always has the old version of how the project was set up.  If you can
provide more information such as filenames involved, how you have sourcesafe
setup, etc., we might have better luck reproducing the issue here and
providing better advice for you.  Hope that helps!

--
Visual C++ Team

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 02:49:59 GMT

1. Loosing folders in CalssView folder

2. VS 6.0 SP5 - VC++ Problem

3. Loosing intelisense after CStatic create (VB6 SP5)

4. Folders in VS 6.0

5. C2011 compiler error in VC++ 6.0 Enterprise SP5

6. Problem with MS VC++ 6.0 SP5: libcd.pdb

7. VC++ 6.0 Ent SP5 Possible bug

8. Stop dll registering in Visual C++ 6.0 SP5

9. vc++ 6.0 sp5 internal compiler error with /EHa

10. expected constant *BUG* in VC++ 6.0 SP5

11. auto_ptr template in Visual C++ 6.0 SP5

12. Problem with IXMLDocument in VC++ 6.0 SP5