Serial Port Communications help
Author Message
 Serial Port Communications help

What resources are out there for reading data from a serial-com port?  One
of my projects is to read data from a serial com port and pass the data as
keyboard-input to the active screen.

Any and all asssistance would be helpful.

-Peter Yovich

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Serial Port Communications help
Hi Peter

Look at the www.codeguru.com for the Class CSerial. It's in an article
called Serial Port communication class. That's a good work and it can do all
the reading and writing of the comport. To pass the data to the active
screen as keyboad-input you have to send the data in WM_KEYDOWN or WM_CHAR
msgs to the active screen.

another Peter :)

Peter Yovich schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:
>What resources are out there for reading data from a serial-com port?  One
>of my projects is to read data from a serial com port and pass the data as
>keyboard-input to the active screen.

>Any and all asssistance would be helpful.

>-Peter Yovich

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Serial Port Communications help
Try the WFC library.  It has a few serial classes in it.

Bill Sutphin

Quote:

>What resources are out there for reading data from a serial-com port?  One
>of my projects is to read data from a serial com port and pass the data as
>keyboard-input to the active screen.

>Any and all asssistance would be helpful.

>-Peter Yovich

Sat, 30 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Serial Port Communications help
You can use the API-functions:
BuildCommDCB,BuildCommDCBAndTimeouts,ClearCommBreak,ClearCommError,
CommConfigDialog,DeviceIoControl,EscapeCommFunction,GetCommConfig,
GetCommMask,GetCommModemStatus,GetCommProperties,GetCommState,
GetCommTimeouts,GetDefaultCommConfig,PurgeComm,SetCommBreak,
SetCommConfig,SetCommMask,SetCommState,SetCommTimeouts,SetDefaultCommConfig,
SetupComm,TransmitCommChar,WaitCommEvent, ReadFile, WriteFile, ...
Quote:

> What resources are out there for reading data from a serial-com port?  One
> of my projects is to read data from a serial com port and pass the data as
> keyboard-input to the active screen.

> Any and all asssistance would be helpful.

> -Peter Yovich

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Serial Port Communications help

2. Help: RS232 serial port communications

3. Need help on serial port communication.

4. Help needed on Serial Port Communications

5. Help needed on Serial Port Communications

6. Help needed on Serial Port Communications

7. Serial port communication

8. Serial Port Communication By C/C++.

9. serial port communication in C#

10. Serial communication with telnet port

11. Serial Port Communications

12. Serial port communications