Porting Borland to VC++
Author Message
 Porting Borland to VC++

We currently have a large project written using Borland 5.2 and Borland
C++ Builder.  As such, we have both OWL and VCL classes. Does anyone
know how easy it is to port to VC++ ?

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting Borland to VC++
You'd have to rewrite the project in MFC.
That means major work.  If you're not familiar with MFC
it will take a lllloooonnnngggg time to become as good
as you are now with OWL !

Greetings
Wessel

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Porting Borland to VC++

Quote:
> We currently have a large project written using Borland 5.2 and Borland
> C++ Builder.  As such, we have both OWL and VCL classes. Does anyone
> know how easy it is to port to VC++ ?

You could try borland.public.cppbuilder.non-technical as there are quite a
few posts on converting VC++ and Borland C++.  The new Builder 4.0 is
supposed to convert VC++ to their IDE so they do talk about it a bit.  They
might get ticked about you converting to VC++ though as they are quite anti
Microsoft.  :-)

Larry.

Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. porting project from Borland to VC++ ??

2. Porting a console app from Borland to VC, need help with directory info

3. Porting from vc++ 1.52 to VC++ 6.0

4. Problem porting ATL project from VC++ 6.0 to VC++.NET 2003

5. Problem with ATLCONV.H when porting from VC++6.0 to VC++.NET

6. Porting Borland Turbo C to MS C

7. help porting source code between Borland and Watcom compilers

8. porting from Borland

9. porting from Borland to Microsoft C++

10. porting from Borland to Microsoft C++

11. Porting VC ++5.0 Application to VC++6.0

12. Porting Borland C++ 5.x (not Builder) to Visual C++