Intellisense does not work any more
Author Message
 Intellisense does not work any more

Hi!

It sometimes occurred to me that at some point, Intellisense deactivates itself
in a single project, i.e. in that project, I can't use Autocompletition etc. any
more. The MSDN Library FAQ states that this is only the case if there is an error
in the code, the cursor is inside a comment or a string, or if these functions
are simply disabled in the Options-dialog. However, none of these points applies
to my corrupted projects. When I create a new project and transfer my files to
this one, everything works fine again, but there must be a simpler solution to
this problem...

Thanks for any advice,
Thierry Steinberg

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:12:10 GMT
 Intellisense does not work any more

Quote:
>It sometimes occurred to me that at some point, Intellisense deactivates itself
>in a single project, i.e. in that project, I can't use Autocompletition etc. any
>more.

Thierry,

The usual solution is to close the project, delete the NCB file, then
re-open the project.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:27:03 GMT
 Intellisense does not work any more

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Intellisense does not work any more
Thanks for your help a lot!

Thierry Steinberg

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 02:53:19 GMT
 Intellisense does not work any more

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Intellisense does not work any more
Blow intellisense away and go try VisualAssist from
http://www.wholetomato.com/  It's what Intellisense wants to be.

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>
 _

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:55:41 GMT

1. C++/ATL/ADO - Intellisense not working (statement completion options) not working

2. IMPORTANT: IntelliSense does not work after __typeof operator

3. Intellisense: Often does not work, reproducable sample

4. IntelliSense Does NOT Work?

5. intellisense not working

6. IntelliSense not working with header file only classes

7. Intellisense not working

8. ClassView, Wizardbar and Intellisense do NOT work

9. ClassView, Wizardbar and Intellisense do NOT work

10. IMPORTANT: IntelliSense does not work after the __typeof operator

11. ClassView, Wizardbar and Intellisense do NOT work

12. intellisense doesnt work consistently on nested classes