VC++ 6.0 crashes when opening a file
Author Message
 VC++ 6.0 crashes when opening a file

The VC++ 6.0 IDE of 4 out of 5 machines in our company crashes when we try
to Open a File in the menu or toolbar or try to add a File to a Project.

************
The instruction at "0x5003eaed" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The
memory could not be "read".
************
I can not figure out, where the fifth machine differs from the others.

Configuration: NT4 SP3 us-english, IE4.01 SP1 us-english, VStudio 6 us-engl.
Does anyone have the same problem?

Ruedi Wittwer

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ 6.0 crashes when opening a file

Quote:
>I can not figure out, where the fifth machine differs from the others.<

So couldn't we.

Formatting harddisks and reinstalling erverything solved the Crash On
Opening problem.
This is what MS recommends in the readme (in case you have ever run a beta -
but which MS product isn't beyond beta?).

NT can't  log and control software installations properly - and MS doesn't
care and doesn't document.

They even seem to install a new VBA with VisStudio 6.0 (start OLE-View) -
nowhere a single word on this.

Carl

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. vc++ 6.0 crashes when opening a file

2. File Open crashes VC++ 6.0 IDE

3. VC++ 6.0 Crashes on opening

4. VC++ 5.0 CRASH on opening a text file with .asp extension

5. Display of File Open Dialog Box in Win32 Application in VC++ 6.0

6. Display of File Open Dialog Box in Win32 App in VC 6.0

7. VC++ 6.0 debug builds crash with Intellimouse point32.exe running

8. VC 6.0 crashes with .Net RC1

9. Weird error, followed by crash, in VC++ 6.0.

10. VC++ 6.0 crash under Win2k Help !!!

11. VC++ 6.0 Crashing

12. VC++ 6.0 crashes at startup!