Warnings for std::vector<std::string>
Author Message
 Warnings for std::vector<std::string>

Hello,

Using VC++ 6.0, sp5, I get hundreds of long warnings when compiling
std::vector<std::string>.     Changing the warning level in
ProjectSettings/CC++/General has no effect. Is there any way to turn off
these warnings?

Multi-line warning always ends with :
identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information

Thank you

Henri

Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:45:51 GMT
 Warnings for std::vector<std::string>

Quote:
>Using VC++ 6.0, sp5, I get hundreds of long warnings when compiling
>std::vector<std::string>.     Changing the warning level in
>ProjectSettings/CC++/General has no effect. Is there any way to turn off
>these warnings?

>Multi-line warning always ends with :
>identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information

Henri,

This occurs at warning level 4. switching to level 3 should resolve
it. Alternatively you can sometimes eliminate that warning using:

#pragma warning( disable: 4786 )

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 00:26:35 GMT
 Warnings for std::vector<std::string>
Thanks David,

#pragma warning( disable: 4786 )

does it. I wonder why changing the warning level in the IDE, in
ProjectSettings/CC++/General has absolutely no effect, even if I choose
<none> I still get all the warnings

Henri

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:31:30 GMT
 Warnings for std::vector<std::string>

Quote:
>#pragma warning( disable: 4786 )

>does it. I wonder why changing the warning level in the IDE, in
>ProjectSettings/CC++/General has absolutely no effect, even if I choose
><none> I still get all the warnings

Perhaps somewhere in your code or include files there a #pragma
warning setting the level to 4?

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:46:24 GMT

1. typedef std::vector<std::string> Vector_String

2. C4251 warning using std::vector<std::string>

3. vector<std::string>

4. std::vector<user-defined class>

5. std::vector<int[2]> intializing trouble

6. std::vector<CClass*> / destructors

7. Warning: std::numeric_limits<char>::digits == 7

8. std::list<string>::sort (Cmp)

9. std::list<string>::sort (Cmp)

10. bug: VS7.0 (6.0) C++ std::auto_ptr conflict with std::vector

11. convert non std::string to std::string

12. export classes using std namespace (ex std::vector) in a DLL