Include Search Order
Author Message
 Include Search Order

In what order does VC6 search the include directories?

First "Project > Settings > C/C++ > Preprossor"  and then
"Tools > Options > Directories" or vice versa?

And what about the include directories in the path?

I am using VC6 under NTW 4.0

Olaf
TomoTherapy, Inc.

Please remove "noSpam" to get my email address

Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Include Search Order
From MSDN:
"Quoted form: This form instructs the preprocessor to look for include files in
the same directory of the file that contains the #include statement, and then in
the directories of whatever files that include (#include) that file. The
preprocessor then searches along the path specified by the /I compiler option,
then along paths specified by the INCLUDE environment variable.

Angle-bracket form: This form instructs the preprocessor to search for include
files first along the path specified by the /I compiler option, then along the
path specified by the INCLUDE environment variable. "

I believe the Tools | Options | Directories is like modifying the INCLUDE
environment variable.

Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Include File Search Order

2. Include File Search Order

3. the order of searching included files

4. the definitive ordering of -l searches

5. level order binary search

6. Importlib search order

7. Need to make compiler search directories in specific order

8. link search order with /nodefaultlib

9. Need to make compiler search directories in specific order

10. (DLL,RC) search order for resource in EXE and DLL

11. #include order

12. Order of including header files