Component Gallery Trashed!!
Author Message
 Component Gallery Trashed!!

Help!  I'm using VC5.0 and am having some rather serious trouble with my
component gallery.  Previously, when I looked in the Developer Studio
Components or the Registered ActiveX Controls folders, there were a large
number of controls there.

Now there is nothing!  Absolutely nothing.  What might have caused this?
More importantly, how in the world can I rebuild these directories?  I've
checked and the components are still in Windows\System (OCX, DLL, etc).  I
just cannot get access to them any more through VC5.0.  They do appear under
VB5.0.

I've tried to uninstall the ActiveX controls using the VC5.0 setup and then
installing them again, but no success.

Any ideas?  I'm desperate right now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Bruce Bukovics

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 14 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Component Gallery Trashed!!

You could try using the regsrv32 command to rebuild the
registry entries for the controls.  You may have accidently
wiped out the information.

Alternatively, you could just reload the controls from your CD.

Quote:
> Help!  I'm using VC5.0 and am having some rather serious trouble with my
> component gallery.  Previously, when I looked in the Developer Studio
> Components or the Registered ActiveX Controls folders, there were a large
> number of controls there.

> Now there is nothing!  Absolutely nothing.  What might have caused this?
> More importantly, how in the world can I rebuild these directories?  I've
> checked and the components are still in Windows\System (OCX, DLL, etc).
> just cannot get access to them any more through VC5.0.  They do appear
under
> VB5.0.

> I've tried to uninstall the ActiveX controls using the VC5.0 setup and
then
> installing them again, but no success.

> Any ideas?  I'm desperate right now.

> Thanks in advance for any help.

> --
> Bruce Bukovics

> http://bukovics.home.mindspring.com

Mon, 19 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Component Gallery

2. Component gallery

3. Using The Component Gallery

4. Component Gallery

5. Creating gallery components

6. Component and Control Gallery Problem

7. VC6/NT5 Beta2: access denied to component gallery?

8. Component Gallery problem

9. Putting class templates in component gallery

10. component gallery

11. Component Gallery Not Working

12. Component Gallery