Release quits silently - Help !
Author Message
 Release quits silently - Help !

Hi,

My app runs fine in debug mode. When running release Ctrl-F5 app quits
silently after opening an opengl view. Interestingly running a release
version with F5 ( IDE will compile that debug information doesn't exist
) works fine ! BoundsChecker doesn't produce any clues.

This is really wierd.

I would appreciate any pointers or help effort.

thanks a lot.
--
/*===============================================

Software Engineering

info(+)TRON, Turkey
Tel: +90 216 4921002, Ext 138
Fax: +90 216 3432132
http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/
===============================================*/

Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:34:39 GMT
 Release quits silently - Help !
in general running dx and ogl apps at the same time can be difficult.

use the debug runtime and run the release version thru the de{*filter*} and see
if, in this scenario, the debug runtime produces any debug output that you
can examine.

Quote:
> Hi,

> My app runs fine in debug mode. When running release Ctrl-F5 app quits
> silently after opening an opengl view. Interestingly running a release
> version with F5 ( IDE will compile that debug information doesn't exist
> ) works fine ! BoundsChecker doesn't produce any clues.

> This is really wierd.

> I would appreciate any pointers or help effort.

> thanks a lot.
> --
> /*===============================================

> Software Engineering

> info(+)TRON, Turkey
> Tel: +90 216 4921002, Ext 138
> Fax: +90 216 3432132
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> ===============================================*/

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 02:52:53 GMT
 Release quits silently - Help !
1 thing to try and 1 thing to think about. In debug mode, going through the
de{*filter*}, all variables are initialized to 0 if you aren't specially doing
it. I.E, int a = 0 and int a will contain the same value when running your
application through the de{*filter*} where in release mode int a = 0 and int a
will equal something, perhaps not zero.
1 thing to try, set the settings in release mode to add debugging
information. The run the release version through the de{*filter*} and see if you
can see where it ends.

Thanks
Ralph Krausse
www.consiliumsoft.com

Quote:
> in general running dx and ogl apps at the same time can be difficult.

> use the debug runtime and run the release version thru the de{*filter*} and
see
> if, in this scenario, the debug runtime produces any debug output that you
> can examine.

> > Hi,

> > My app runs fine in debug mode. When running release Ctrl-F5 app quits
> > silently after opening an opengl view. Interestingly running a release
> > version with F5 ( IDE will compile that debug information doesn't exist
> > ) works fine ! BoundsChecker doesn't produce any clues.

> > This is really wierd.

> > I would appreciate any pointers or help effort.

> > thanks a lot.
> > --
> > /*===============================================

> > Software Engineering

> > info(+)TRON, Turkey
> > Tel: +90 216 4921002, Ext 138
> > Fax: +90 216 3432132
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/
> > ===============================================*/

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 02:12:17 GMT

1. Helps need on adding debug info to release mode so to debug release code

2. Help?! Adding Variables causes Unhandled Exception on quit

3. Visual C++ 6.0 Help quit working

4. Help Please! Can't quit application

5. Help Please! Can't quit application

6. Open a url silently

7. Bug: Visual Studio silently aborts

8. Running system calls "silently"

9. open a url in internet explorer silently

10. How to conect the net SILENTLY?

11. Help: Help support does not work in release version

12. C# Event Quit vs. Method Quit Ambiquity in MapPoint