ClassView scrolling much slower in VC++6?
Author Message
 ClassView scrolling much slower in VC++6?

I have recently started using VC++6 after using VC++5 for quite a while, and
I notice that scrolling my list of classes (and there are a *lot* of them)
seems to take much longer.  In fact, I have to wait several seconds for the
'thumb' to catch up to the mouse position.  In VC++5, scrolling is
continuous and smooth.

Anyone else notice this?

Frank

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ClassView scrolling much slower in VC++6?
Apply service pack 3 for VC

Quote:
> I have recently started using VC++6 after using VC++5 for quite a while,
and
> I notice that scrolling my list of classes (and there are a *lot* of them)
> seems to take much longer.  In fact, I have to wait several seconds for
the
> 'thumb' to catch up to the mouse position.  In VC++5, scrolling is
> continuous and smooth.

> Anyone else notice this?

> Frank

Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ClassView scrolling much slower in VC++6?
You may be experiencing symtoms documented in

Q236399 HOWTO: Troubleshoot Visual C++ Performance Problems

Close the workspace, rename the ncb and opt files, open the workspace and
see whether there are any improvements.

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC 6.0 Beta (Release Candidate) - ClassView unusably slow

2. Slow ClassView - much slower than in VC++ 5.0

3. VC++ 6.0 SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW

4. Slow ClassView Editing of COM Interfaces on Nested Classes

5. Slow ClassView!

6. MCVC 6.0 slow in ClassView HELP

7. Slow ClassView in VC6.0

8. VC++ 5.0 slow at processing ClassView??

9. Slower compilation with VC Net 2003 (7.1) when compared to VC Net 7.0

10. Switching classes in Classview removes scroll bar in edit window-HELP

11. Too many menu items scroll too slow

12. ListBox Slow Scrolling under XP