How to sort VS.NET project folder files?
Author Message
 How to sort VS.NET project folder files?

How do you sort the file names in a VS.NET's project folders?  It's
extremely annoying to have these files all mixed up especially when you have
many files.

Thanks,
Steve Hills
NCR

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:11:25 GMT
 How to sort VS.NET project folder files?
Close the solution and reopen it.  Sucks, but works for me.

Josh

Quote:
> How do you sort the file names in a VS.NET's project folders?  It's
> extremely annoying to have these files all mixed up especially when you
have
> many files.

> Thanks,
> Steve Hills
> NCR

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:58:18 GMT
 How to sort VS.NET project folder files?
Ok, so now how do I have it do a case insensitive sort?  It sorts but puts
files that start with uppercase letters first.  What a pain!

Steve Hills

Quote:
> Close the solution and reopen it.  Sucks, but works for me.

> Josh

> > How do you sort the file names in a VS.NET's project folders?  It's
> > extremely annoying to have these files all mixed up especially when you
> have
> > many files.

> > Thanks,
> > Steve Hills
> > NCR

Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:57:40 GMT
 How to sort VS.NET project folder files?
Steve,

I've entered a suggestion to provide a method for user control of the file
item sorting within the Solution Explorer. Thanks for the feedback!

Derrick Glass
Microsoft Developer Support - Visual Studio

--------------------

| Subject: Re: How to sort VS.NET project folder files?
| Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:57:40 -0800
|
| Ok, so now how do I have it do a case insensitive sort?  It sorts but puts
| files that start with uppercase letters first.  What a pain!
|
| Steve Hills
|

| > Close the solution and reopen it.  Sucks, but works for me.
| >
| > Josh
| >

| > > How do you sort the file names in a VS.NET's project folders?  It's
| > > extremely annoying to have these files all mixed up especially when
you
| > have
| > > many files.
| > >
| > > Thanks,
| > > Steve Hills
| > > NCR

Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:34:39 GMT

1. VS.NET - sorting the project files without case ???

2. VS.NET: Adding one .cs file to more then one project

3. Adding files and folders to a project in the File View

4. Adding files and folders to a project in the file View of a Workspace

5. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

6. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

7. .NET project locking/loading DLL created by other .NET project

8. File/Folder path of a file/folder on the explorer

9. Changes in C# between VS.NET Beta and VS.NET Final versions

10. Folder Item(Grouping Projects) in Solution File(SLN)?

11. VS for C# is less user Friendly then for VB.net projects

12. New vs.net static library project generates LINK errors