#ifndef not working?
Author Message
 #ifndef not working?

Subject: #ifndef not working properly?
Date: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 3:40 PM

In many include files are the lines:
#ifndef GLOBAL_H
#define GLOBAL_H

...content of include file

#endif

This is supposed to keep the preprocessor from loading definitions if they
have been already loaded.  This does not seem to be working in Visual C++
6.0 (sp5).  Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanx

Richard Haber

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 04:42:50 GMT
 #ifndef not working?
Can you tell us exactly how it's not working?

Thanks,
-Dale

Quote:

> Subject: #ifndef not working properly?
> Date: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 3:40 PM

> In many include files are the lines:
> #ifndef GLOBAL_H
> #define GLOBAL_H

> ...content of include file

> #endif

> This is supposed to keep the preprocessor from loading definitions if they
> have been already loaded.  This does not seem to be working in Visual C++
> 6.0 (sp5).  Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

> Thanx

> Richard Haber

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:58:44 GMT

1. #ifndef not working?

2. #ifndef/#define doesn't work in ATL header

3. C++/ATL/ADO - Intellisense not working (statement completion options) not working

4. this code works on SGI does not work on linux

5. CMap Lookup not working (at least I cannot get it to work)

6. Program not work at release mode but work at debug mode

7. GetPrivateProfileSectionNames not working in 98 or ME but does work in 2000

8. Window NT BitMap Works Windows95 BitMap Does not Work

9. Not operator NOT working (!)

10. Setting not Null field to ""(empty string) does not work with CRecordset

11. CFile not working properly, can't figure out why (last message not sent properly)

12. Setting not Null field to ""(empty string) does not work with CRecordset