?? How to get rid of 90 second delay starting Visual Studio
Author Message
 ?? How to get rid of 90 second delay starting Visual Studio

When I start Visual Studio 6.0 the splash screen appears for about 90
seconds before the IDE appears. Does anyone know what is causing this and
more importantly how to get rid of it?

I assume it is a timeout trying to perform some sort of network
communication.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ?? How to get rid of 90 second delay starting Visual Studio
I don't get as much of a delay but if there is some way to avoid painting
the splash screen I would like to know, also.  After all, every little bit
helps.

--
Ed Fultz
CGI

Quote:

>When I start Visual Studio 6.0 the splash screen appears for about 90
>seconds before the IDE appears. Does anyone know what is causing this and
>more importantly how to get rid of it?

>I assume it is a timeout trying to perform some sort of network
>communication.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ?? How to get rid of 90 second delay starting Visual Studio
Unfortunately, the splash screen is timed for the load event on Visual
studio itself, the faster the computer, the faster VIS loads the sooner
the splash goes away..
Sounds flippant, not meant that way though...
PS: I don't think there is anyway into Vis Studio's base code.
Quote:

> When I start Visual Studio 6.0 the splash screen appears for about 90
> seconds before the IDE appears. Does anyone know what is causing this and
> more importantly how to get rid of it?

> I assume it is a timeout trying to perform some sort of network
> communication.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ?? How to get rid of 90 second delay starting Visual Studio
Use the /NOLOGO command-line option to MSDEV to suppress the banner.

Quote:

>I don't get as much of a delay but if there is some way to avoid painting
>the splash screen I would like to know, also.  After all, every little bit
>helps.

>>When I start Visual Studio 6.0 the splash screen appears for about 90
>>seconds before the IDE appears. Does anyone know what is causing this and
>>more importantly how to get rid of it?

>>I assume it is a timeout trying to perform some sort of network
>>communication.

>>Any help would be greatly appreciated!

 - Katy

--
Katy Mulvey             Please post replies to the newsgroup, thanks!
ORMEC Systems           MVP/VC++

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ?? How to get rid of 90 second delay starting Visual Studio
Thanks - it worked great.

--
Ed Fultz
CGI

Quote:

>Use the /NOLOGO command-line option to MSDEV to suppress the banner.

>>I don't get as much of a delay but if there is some way to avoid painting
>>the splash screen I would like to know, also.  After all, every little bit
>>helps.

>>>When I start Visual Studio 6.0 the splash screen appears for about 90
>>>seconds before the IDE appears. Does anyone know what is causing this and
>>>more importantly how to get rid of it?

>>>I assume it is a timeout trying to perform some sort of network
>>>communication.

>>>Any help would be greatly appreciated!

> - Katy

>--
>Katy Mulvey             Please post replies to the newsgroup, thanks!
>ORMEC Systems           MVP/VC++
>http://www.ormec.com    http://support.microsoft.com/support/supportnet/
>                           supportpartners/mvps/brochuregeneral.asp

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

2. error LNK2001 (Visual C++ and Fortran 90)

3. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

4. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

5. Visual Studio 6 back to Visual Studio 5

6. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

7. problem starting dbgproxy (Visual Studio Debugger Proxy Service)

8. Source files not reloading when Visual Studio starts up

9. Getting started with Visual C++ OnDraw

10. delaying screen output by seconds

11. Delay for a fraction of a second in C

12. HELP: Generating a 10 micro second delay?