pasting text from help files or msdn
Author Message
 pasting text from help files or msdn

Does anyone have the same problem I do with retrieving text from
the msdn or hlp files and pasting them into a file with the editor.
The files don't have carriage returns and I have to manually go thru
each line and insert them in the editor ?? This is a real drag on
large amounts of data. Does anyone know how to eliminate this ?

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 pasting text from help files or msdn
Hi Speir,

Try by pasting in Microsoft Word or its equivalent

Regards,
-Vijay

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vijay Kumar Reddy

Quote:
> Does anyone have the same problem I do with retrieving text from
> the msdn or hlp files and pasting them into a file with the editor.
> The files don't have carriage returns and I have to manually go thru
> each line and insert them in the editor ?? This is a real drag on
> large amounts of data. Does anyone know how to eliminate this ?

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 pasting text from help files or msdn

Quote:

>Does anyone have the same problem I do with retrieving text from
>the msdn or hlp files and pasting them into a file with the editor.
>The files don't have carriage returns and I have to manually go thru
>each line and insert them in the editor ?? This is a real drag on
>large amounts of data. Does anyone know how to eliminate this ?

Everyone does. This is mentioned in the readme file on the MSDN
CD.

Workarounds:
* Use view source, and cut&paste from notepad, then search and
replace to change &lt; to < and &gt; to >.
* Use view source, and put the HTML into your favorite HTML
editor, which may have a preview mode that does better. (This
won't work if the preview mode uses an IE plug-in.
* Use view source, save the HTML somewhere, and use Netscape
to view it.

 - Katy

--
Katy Mulvey             Please post replies to the newsgroup, thanks!
ORMEC Systems           MVP/VC++

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pasting into RichTextBox - formatting taxt pasted as text!

2. CScrollView + copy/paste or text file?

3. CEdit control pasting text help...

4. MSDN help gone after MSDN update

5. ADO Macros wrong in MSDN Help file

6. MSDN Screwed Up Help Files

7. Ann:Add your help files to MSDN/Visual Studio

8. Need help on save texts format by Textout to a text file

9. Problem with pasting text from Internet Explorer into Application

10. Can't paste text in VC6 editor

11. Can't paste text in VC6 editor

12. Ctrl-V paste text