Class Wizard won't let me derive a class from my class
Author Message
 Class Wizard won't let me derive a class from my class

When I try to create a new class with the class wizard, it lets me
choose a base class - but only from MFC classes. Is there any way I
can get it to let me base a new class on a class that I've defined?
(I'm using VC++ 5.0)

--
Tim Slattery

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Class Wizard won't let me derive a class from my class
You can create a sub class of any class via the ClassView Window. Right
click on the top most item in the tree list and choose New Class. In the
Class Type edit box choose Generic class. In the Derived From edit box type
in the name of your class and choose public, protected or private and click
OK.
You now have a class derived from your class but be advised ClassWizard does
not support the class it only supports classes derived from the MFC classes.
--

Fax: (225)673-3062

Quote:
> When I try to create a new class with the class wizard, it lets me
> choose a base class - but only from MFC classes. Is there any way I
> can get it to let me base a new class on a class that I've defined?
> (I'm using VC++ 5.0)

> --
> Tim Slattery

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Class Wizard won't add classes for dialogs

2. Activating the class wizard on a derived-derived Cwnd class

3. Class in class OR class derived from class?

4. Adding a class derived from CObject via Class Wizard

5. Deriving a Class with Class Wizard

6. Class Wizard and derived classes

7. How to derive a class from CObject using the class wizard

8. Add derived classes to class wizard

9. How to add class derived from CSocket from Class Wizard

10. Deriving from my own class with Class Wizard?

11. Trying to add a class with no base class in Class Wizard

12. cann't get runtime class for CDateTimeCtrl/CMonthCalCtrl derived class