Dup or Dup2 call in VC++ for socket handle?
Author Message
 Dup or Dup2 call in VC++ for socket handle?

Hello All,

    I am working with VC++ 5.0 porting a UNIX app to NT.  I need to
redirect the standard output to a socket using the dup or dup2 call.
Dup and dup2 are supported in VC++ 5.0, but the examples and
documentation only mention doing it for file descriptors.  Has anyone
ever duped a socket file descriptor?  Please reply to this post or email

Scott WIlson

Tue, 04 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dup or Dup2 call in VC++ for socket handle?

2. Dup or Dup2 call in VC++ for socket handle?

3. winsock and dup() dup2()

4. Can DuplicateHandle be used to dup a SOCKET handle?

5. VB image list handle isn't fully accessible in VC++ ActiveX thru COM call

6. vc++ promiscuous socket question

7. Visual Basic like Socket Control for vc++/MFC?

8. Handling simultaneous TCP sockets

9. Signal handling on sockets

10. Signal Handling/Sockets and Zombies

11. Sharing of Socket handles between process

12. ? Passing Socket handle to process via pipe