class view update kills editor
Author Message
 class view update kills editor

Hi,

in some classes I have a little more methods, so that when editing the header file the automatic update of the class view tree takes about 2 secs. this happens approx. every 2nd to 3rd letter I type.

This makes it practically imposible to edit the file.

Anybody knows how to switch off the class view tree update?

Holger

--
Amarin Software

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 class view update kills editor

Quote:

Subject: Re: VC6's New Dynamic Class View Update
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:25:32 -0700

In HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DevStudio\6.0\Text Editor add a new DWORD
value named  "DynamicParse" (without the quotes).  It defaults to 1.
Set it to 0 to prevent the IDE from updating the classview when files
change.

The setting is checked whenever you open a workspace in VC6.

Jimbo

Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. View/Window classes for Icon/Bitmap editors.

2. help for split window with rich editor view or rich editor control

3. VC6's New Dynamic Class View Update

4. VC5: forced update of the class view?

5. How to view classes in class view

6. update view from document (add string to editctrl in view)

7. Newbie question about dialog editor, updating check-boxes.

8. How can I get more power on my program in Kill method at Process class

9. Killing console-mode debug = kill DevStudio?

10. Help: kill sub-process after parent killed

11. VC7 Class View vs Source View synchro. broken

12. Create mutiple views of one document using different view classes