timeout expired
Author Message
 timeout expired

Hello,
    I'm using VC++ 5.0 with CRecordSet and an ODBC
connection to SQL Server 6.5.  I was having problems with
temdbp overflowing the dataspace size when I was creating a
15M+ row Table. I started opening and closing the table
every so often to force a commit to keep the tempdb size
down.  Now I get an error box that says "timeout expired",
which I assume is the app losing it's ODBC connection
because the server is too busy dumping tempdb to respond.  I
tried several ways to increase the timeout duration.  First
I put

#undef DEFAULT_QUERY_TIMEOUT
#define DEFAULT_QUERY_TIMEOUT 480

The default was 15 seconds, but this seemed to have no
effect on the error messages.  Next attempt was:

int sTime = 600;
VOID SetODBCTimeout (SHORT sTime);

That is the syntax in the example, but that didn't seem to
help either.  Next I tried to issue the following command
before doing a ".Open()" on the table.:

pData->m_DataSet.SetQueryTimeout(0);

This is supposed make it so there is no timeout, but I was
still getting the error message.  Any suggestions??

            Daniel Canham

Wed, 21 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "timeout expired"

2. help Timeout Expired problem (Database)

3. Timeout Expired

4. timeout expired

5. timeout expired

6. help Timeout Expired problem (Database)

7. timeout expired

8. ODBC Timeout Expired

9. help Timeout Expired problem (Database)

10. "Timeout expired" - Error using ODBC (SQL-Server 6.5)

11. Expire a Page

12. Germans Find Pentium III Flaw - Your privacy - Expires 2/28/99