Academic Pricing
Author Message
 Academic Pricing

Hi, I am interested in purchasing Visual C++ 6.0 and I was wondering
what qualifies you for academic pricing?  Is this for teachers buying
for a class or students using the product for educational purposes?
I am a student and I would not be using the product for any commerical
purposes at all.  Thank you.

Sun, 02 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Academic Pricing

Hi

I would believe it's targeted towards students. Unlike the Learning
edition (which has less features than the pro version), the "academic
pricing" version is exactly like the pro, but it's much, much cheaper. I
bought the VC++5 and VC++6 academic packages, and all I needed to do was
to show my girlfriend's student card to the store clerk.

    Alex

Quote:

> Hi, I am interested in purchasing Visual C++ 6.0 and I was wondering
> what qualifies you for academic pricing?  Is this for teachers buying
> for a class or students using the product for educational purposes?
> I am a student and I would not be using the product for any commerical
> purposes at all.  Thank you.

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VC++ 6 Academic Pricing

2. Error in Academic Version of Visual Studio.NET

3. Using C# in Academic environment

4. ACADEMIC SURVEY: Questionnaire for a NEW CASE TOOL

5. Academic Assistance in Programming Languages

6. Duwamish example - Academic verison of VS.NET

7. Academic assistance available in C

8. Academic Assistance in Programming Languages

9. Academic Assistance in Programming Languages

10. Academic Assistance in Programming Languages

11. Metrowerks Will Donate Free CW for Windows Academic Site Licenses

12. Horizontal Scrollbar Controls in VC++6 (Standard, Academic)