Infoviewer Error
Author Message
 Infoviewer Error

I am getting the famous Infoviewer Automation Object error when trying to
access sample files.  I have fixed this problem before, but I don't remember
what I did, I only recall that it involved replacing a file with an updated
version.  Unfortunately, it's been a long time and I don't remember what
file it was, and I apparently haven't used the correct search words in the
online help.

Thanks in advance.

George

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Infoviewer Error

Quote:

>I am getting the famous Infoviewer Automation Object error when trying to
>access sample files.  I have fixed this problem before, but I don't remember
>what I did, I only recall that it involved replacing a file with an updated
>version.  Unfortunately, it's been a long time and I don't remember what
>file it was, and I apparently haven't used the correct search words in the
>online help.

You need to reinstall service pack 2 or better.

See KB Q171844, "FIX: InfoViewer Cannot Download Samples If IE4.0 Is
Installed"
  http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q171/8/44.asp

Service packs at http://www.microsoft.com/vstudio/sp/

The search words I used to find this was "Infoviewer Automation Object".

   Katy [MVP/VC++]

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Infoviewer Error

I think it's ivauto.dll that needs to be upgraded. I've got the same problem
but I don't want the 90 meg service pack download that bad to get
it..........

Quote:

>I am getting the famous Infoviewer Automation Object error when trying to
>access sample files.  I have fixed this problem before, but I don't

remember

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Infoviewer Automation Object : Error Accessing Sample Data????

2. Infoviewer Automation Error

3. Infoviewer / Developer Studio Add-in question

4. ? how to explicitly open InfoViewer to a specific javascript:document link

5. DevStudio bug printing multiple InfoViewer articles

6. DevStudio bug printing multiple InfoViewer articles

7. INFOVIEWER BOOKMARKS

8. Creating IVT-files for Infoviewer

9. Infoviewer / Developer Studio Add-in question

10. Q Infoviewer: Accessing help from a network drive

11. Minor, but annoying infoviewer problem

12. Infoviewer Question