Release version always the same size ???
Author Message
 Release version always the same size ???

Hello,

I'm using Visual C++ 6 SP 5. Two weeks ago i've compile the release version
of my software. The size of the application  is 3 096 576 bytes. After two
weeks of hard work, i recompile the release version. The size of the
application is 3 096 576 bytes, again !!!

I'm just curious to know why. Does it mean that Visual C++ reserve a part of
the .exe ? Why VC++ does it ?

Note: I've the same behavior with Borland C++ 5.0.

Thanks !

Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:43:36 GMT
 Release version always the same size ???

Quote:
> Hello,

> I'm using Visual C++ 6 SP 5. Two weeks ago i've compile the release version
> of my software. The size of the application  is 3 096 576 bytes. After two
> weeks of hard work, i recompile the release version. The size of the
> application is 3 096 576 bytes, again !!!

Each section in an executable is normally padded to a 4K boundary, so
until/unless you expand a particular part enough to grow beyond the
next 4K boundary, you won't see a change in the executable size.

--
    Later,
    Jerry.

The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.

Thu, 04 Dec 2003 04:25:22 GMT

1. Why the Font size is not same between Debug version and Release Version

2. Released version programme is larger in size than the debug version one’s

3. Released version programme is larger in size than the debug version one’s

4. Why the Font size is not same between Debug version and Release Version

5. 4tH version 3.3d, release 2 released!

6. Release Version: what files need to be released?

7. Debug version - Release version

8. Debug version ok but release version problem

9. Debug Version and Release Version

10. Win32 debug version and Win32 release version

11. Debug version Ok, Release version Failed

12. Debug version ok but release version problem