passing commandline parameters using Vs.net HELP???
Author Message
 passing commandline parameters using Vs.net HELP???

Hi every one I am trying a very simple thing is to pass some parameters to
the application I am debugging in vc application and using vs.net IDE and
after spending literally four hours (i.e. half working day) just to find out
where is that menu option so please save my day and give me the hint!!
many thanks in advance.
cheers
A. Herzallah

Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:14:11 GMT
 passing commandline parameters using Vs.net HELP???
Hi,

To add command line when debugging an application, you can perform the
following steps:

1. Right click the project in the Solution Explorer.
2. Click "Debugging" under "Configuration Properties".
3. In the command line arguments, type in the command line in the "Command
Arguments" box.

To debug an exe directly, you will need to create an empty Win32 project,
and fill the information properly in the Debugging options. In addition,
you can also use the following command line to create a new debugging
project:

"devenv <exe name> /debugexe"

Adjust the command line and save the solution. Reopen the solution to debug
it with the specified command line.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Leo Chen

--------------------

| Subject: passing commandline parameters using Vs.net  HELP???
| Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:14:11 +0100

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.ide_general
|
| Hi every one I am trying a very simple thing is to pass some parameters to
| the application I am debugging in vc application and using vs.net IDE and
| after spending literally four hours (i.e. half working day) just to find
out
| where is that menu option so please save my day and give me the hint!!
| many thanks in advance.
| cheers
| A. Herzallah

Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:54:54 GMT

1. passing commandline parameters HELP???

2. VS.NET Enterprise Vs VS.NET Professional

3. Basic Parameter Passing, VB vs VC

4. template template parameter with default value (VS.NET 2003)

5. How to show parameter info in VS.Net?

6. VS.NET change in default parameter attribute?

7. how to write a first program using VC++ (using the commandline)

8. Read Parameters form commandline

9. DLL and commandline parameters

10. : Commandline parameters in ShellExecute

11. CommandLine Parameters

12. How can I set a commandline parameter within the VC++ Program for Debugging