class wizard broken, any way to fix this error:
Author Message
 class wizard broken, any way to fix this error:

i get a error:

parsing error: expected "(".
Input Line: "afx_msg void CMyDlg::OnOK();)

and when tryting to add a member variable to a static control it wont let me
after i click on OK and enter the class wizard

if i try to click on 'Events' i get the same error but a new message box
afterwards telling me i cant add a new member....

is there some file i can delete so VC++ can fix itself or is there something
wrong with the line it complains about that i just dont see?

help greatly appreciated

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:09:10 GMT
 class wizard broken, any way to fix this error:
You have added something by hand, and it is syntactically incorrect from the viewpoint of
the ClassWizard, which only handles a tiny subset of C++ syntax. What you need to do is
remove the CMyDlg:: from the line.
                        joe

Quote:

>i get a error:

>parsing error: expected "(".
>Input Line: "afx_msg void CMyDlg::OnOK();)

>and when tryting to add a member variable to a static control it wont let me
>after i click on OK and enter the class wizard

>if i try to click on 'Events' i get the same error but a new message box
>afterwards telling me i cant add a new member....

>is there some file i can delete so VC++ can fix itself or is there something
>wrong with the line it complains about that i just dont see?

>help greatly appreciated

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:55:01 GMT
 class wizard broken, any way to fix this error:
thanks, too simple to have thought of it on my own
(i could have sworn i tried that a few months back when i last tried to get
rid of that error)
oh..............i bet i didnt save the file before i tried class wizard, not
knowing it reads the saved version, not what i have in memory

Quote:
> You have added something by hand, and it is syntactically incorrect from
the viewpoint of
> the ClassWizard, which only handles a tiny subset of C++ syntax. What you
need to do is
> remove the CMyDlg:: from the line.
> joe

> >i get a error:

> >parsing error: expected "(".
> >Input Line: "afx_msg void CMyDlg::OnOK();)

> >and when tryting to add a member variable to a static control it wont let
me
> >after i click on OK and enter the class wizard

> >if i try to click on 'Events' i get the same error but a new message box
> >afterwards telling me i cant add a new member....

> >is there some file i can delete so VC++ can fix itself or is there
something
> >wrong with the line it complains about that i just dont see?

> >help greatly appreciated

> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]

> Web: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer
> MVP Tips: http://www3.pgh.net/~newcomer/mvp_tips.htm

Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:16:21 GMT

1. class wizard broken, any way to fix this error:

2. Class Wizard or Not Class Wizard

3. Wizard and several ways through it

4. Error in classes generated with ATL Object Wizard

5. Compiling errors after using class wizard ?

6. Weird parsing error with Class Wizard

7. Link 2001 Errors and Class Wizard Problem

8. Runtime error in VC .NET MFC class wizard

9. class wizard error?

10. Class Wizard:: Parse Error - Unrecognized Macro

11. Parsing Error in Class Wizard after SP4 install

12. Class Wizard errors with V4.0