Folder in workplace classview-tree
Author Message
 Folder in workplace classview-tree

Hi,

I'm using VC++ 6.0. In our project there are many classes. Therefore I
created some folders in the workplace classview-tree and remove some classes
in theses folders. All works fine. But when I check out or check in the
*.dsp file all the folders in the classview-tree are gone.
How can keep the folders in classview-tree? Is there a special IDE-option or
an add-in for displaying classes in folders of the classview-tree?

thank you,
regards,
Falk

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:44:22 GMT
 Folder in workplace classview-tree
Falk,
I suspect what's happening is that checking out the .dsp file is causing
your version of the file to be overwritten with the checked-in version and
hence you're losing the folder info. Can you set your source code control to
merge changes during check-out/check-in?
--
Rahul Kumar
VS Core Team

> Hi,

> I'm using VC++ 6.0. In our project there are many classes. Therefore I
> created some folders in the workplace classview-tree and remove some
classes
> in theses folders. All works fine. But when I check out or check in the
> *.dsp file all the folders in the classview-tree are gone.
> How can keep the folders in classview-tree? Is there a special IDE-option
or
> an add-in for displaying classes in folders of the classview-tree?

> thank you,
> regards,
> Falk

Sat, 07 May 2005 05:26:14 GMT
 Folder in workplace classview-tree
Hallo Rahul,

overwriting the .dsp file can be one reason for losing the folder info.
However the file was not overwritten. I losing the folder info when I
checked-in the .dsp file. In addition in the .dsp and .dsw file I can not
finde any information about the folder info. A search over all files in
project have shown that folder names (created in the workplace-classview)
are only in the .opt file. When I checked-in the .dsp file the source
control software set .dsp to readonly. Can this be the reason for changeing
the .opt and losing all folder-infos?

If so I have to save the .opt file before I do any action on the .dsp file.

regards,

Falk

Sat, 07 May 2005 21:29:34 GMT
 Folder in workplace classview-tree
Falk,

Check out http://www.codeproject.com/macro/restoreclassviewaddin.asp

That might help.. it has helped me a lot. ;)

Jignesh

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm using VC++ 6.0. In our project there are many classes. Therefore I
> created some folders in the workplace classview-tree and remove some
classes
> in theses folders. All works fine. But when I check out or check in the
> *.dsp file all the folders in the classview-tree are gone.
> How can keep the folders in classview-tree? Is there a special IDE-option
or
> an add-in for displaying classes in folders of the classview-tree?

> thank you,
> regards,
> Falk

Mon, 16 May 2005 05:54:52 GMT

1. Class disappears from folder tree of ClassView pane

2. Using folders in DevStudio's classView

3. Classview folder always lost

4. ClassView and folders - Still broken?

5. ClassView and folders - Still broken?

6. folders under classview

7. Files in folder position lost in classview and fileview

8. ClassView removing classes in folders

9. Make new folder in ClassView

10. Using folders in DevStudio's classView

11. ClassView removing classes in folders

12. ClassView folders