static control in dialog box
Author Message
 static control in dialog box

Hello,
I am using VC++5.0, and the product which i am writing is supposed to be
for
international market i.e. with many languages.

I wonder if i can add string for the static control of dialog box from the
string table,
using the dialog resource editor.
Is it possible?  If yes, how?
Or which is other method.?

Thanx for any help.

regards
Shirish

Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 static control in dialog box

hi Shirish.

Quote:
>I wonder if i can add string for the static control of dialog box from the
>string table,
>using the dialog resource editor.

you can load the string from the resource file at runtime and set the text
using SetWindowText(), however, the better way to worj with multiple
resources is to tag the resources in appstudio with the appropriate language
and choose the language to use in InitInstance(). as an alternative, you can
create a resource only dll which contains all resources for a given language
and load the needed dll at startup.

WM_HOPETHISHELPS
thomas woelfer
http://www.woelfer.com

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. dropping bitmaps on left click in static control in dialog box

2. static control in dialog box

3. Changing the bitmap in a Static dialog box control

4. HELP: activex control in dialog box in mfc user dll (dialog not launching)

5. Problem adding a control (calender control) to the dialog box in vc 4.2

6. Setting Text of Edit Control in Dialog Box of Control Panel Applet

7. Static in Dialog Box

8. Create Static item on Dialog Box?

9. Static Link DLL with dialog box

10. make link from static text in dialog box

11. static box in a modal dialog form

12. Creating Static item on Dialog Box?