Tools|Options|Directories|IncludeFiles ...
Author Message
 Tools|Options|Directories|IncludeFiles ...

I wonder how the listbox entries in
Tools|Options|Directories|IncludeFiles are generated and where they are
stored. They seem to be able to cause a lot of confusion onto a
workspace.

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Tools|Options|Directories|IncludeFiles ...
Martin,

Quote:
> I wonder how the listbox entries in
> Tools|Options|Directories|IncludeFiles are generated and where they are
> stored. They seem to be able to cause a lot of confusion onto a
> workspace.

They are not generated. Instead, they are simply stored in the registry. The
default values are loaded either at installation time, or I believe DevStudio
can regenerate them with default values if they are not there....

--
Tomas Restrepo

http://members.xoom.com/trestrep/

Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Tools|Options|Directories|IncludeFiles ...
Tomas,

Quote:
>  They are not generated.

It rather seems that some of them (lets say, the first three of them) are some
vc/mfc or whatever default values,
and thus not generated. They look like vc98\include, vc98\mfc\include,
vc98\atl\include.

The following entries, however, seem to be generated when a project build is
made, and for my_ws1 will look like
my_ws1\my_prj1\include, my_ws1\my_prj2\include etc

The bad news is that after this, when opening my_ws2, even in another instance of
VC6, they still remain the same, that is, referring to my_ws1.

This arises a lot of questions, ie what happens if two workspaces are being
rebuilt simultaniously etc.
Furthermore, as absolute paths are used, "moving" a workspace (*.cpp, *.h, *.dsp,
*.dsw + resources) from
one disk location to another or between different machines (ie when working in a
team) seems to be a bad
idea without editing these entries always by hand.

I wonder if you or anybody else has found ways to overcome this.

Martin Koeck

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Tools|Options|Directories|IncludeFiles ...
the values in that section of VC config are not there on a per-project
basis; that is, they persist across workspace/project invocations.

If you need per-project settings, use Project --> Settings --> C/C++ -->
Preprocessor tab and set include directories in the field provided (similar
method for library paths).

greg

Quote:

>Tomas,

>>  They are not generated.

>It rather seems that some of them (lets say, the first three of them) are
some
>vc/mfc or whatever default values,
>and thus not generated. They look like vc98\include, vc98\mfc\include,
>vc98\atl\include.

>The following entries, however, seem to be generated when a project build
is
>made, and for my_ws1 will look like
>my_ws1\my_prj1\include, my_ws1\my_prj2\include etc

>The bad news is that after this, when opening my_ws2, even in another
instance of
>VC6, they still remain the same, that is, referring to my_ws1.

>This arises a lot of questions, ie what happens if two workspaces are being
>rebuilt simultaniously etc.
>Furthermore, as absolute paths are used, "moving" a workspace (*.cpp, *.h,
*.dsp,
>*.dsw + resources) from
>one disk location to another or between different machines (ie when working
in a
>team) seems to be a bad
>idea without editing these entries always by hand.

>I wonder if you or anybody else has found ways to overcome this.

>Martin Koeck

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tools->Options->Directories settings - How to update automatically

2. Command Line Modify Tools->Options->Directories

3. Disappearing include directories under Tools/Options/Dir.

4. remove directory incl.subfolders and files

5. bufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbufferoverrunbuf

6. Segregate Visual Studio Tools Options.

7. Wanted: Tool to check compiler options for consistancy among subprojects

8. Options|Tools

9. VC5 IDE forgets Tool Options

10. TAB controls in tools option menus

11. FAQ - Smart device development tool options...