tracking build time - how to turn off?
Author Message
 tracking build time - how to turn off?

Some time ago, I followed someone's instructions and did something to my
Visual Studio (VC++6.0).  Now, whenever I compile, it shows the time the
compile took.  That was interesting for awhile.  Now I want to turn it off,
but I don't remember how.

F'instance, a quick compile of a program with no changes will show the
following:
--------------------Configuration: QMStartVisit - Win32
Debug--------------------
Performing registration
Spawn Time 0:01.0

QMStartVisit.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Build Time 0:02.6

For little programs, it's fine.  But when I'm doing a build on our entire
set of projects, I think the slowdown caused by tracking the time could be
significant.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
-karen

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:10:52 GMT
 tracking build time - how to turn off?

Quote:

>Some time ago, I followed someone's instructions and did something to my
>Visual Studio (VC++6.0).  Now, whenever I compile, it shows the time the
>compile took.  That was interesting for awhile.  Now I want to turn it off,
>but I don't remember how.

Check the command-line for the short-cut that you start vc with and
remove the /y3 switch.

Jim M

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:50:12 GMT
 tracking build time - how to turn off?

Quote:

> >Some time ago, I followed someone's instructions and did something to my
> >Visual Studio (VC++6.0).  Now, whenever I compile, it shows the time the
> >compile took.  That was interesting for awhile.  Now I want to turn it
off,
> >but I don't remember how.

> Check the command-line for the short-cut that you start vc with and
> remove the /y3 switch.

> Jim M
> --

Thank you!
-k

Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:23:12 GMT

1. Turning off or tracking specific optimizations

2. Turning off the Build Confirmation Box

3. turning off run time checks

4. Turning off just-in-time debugging

5. Ways of turning echo off ... off

6. Power On/Off and Turn off screen?

7. track track track to Afxwin.h

8. Track mouse coordinates off frame?

9. turn off debugging slop area in VC++ IDE ?

10. How to turn off file watcher

11. Is there a way to turn off error handling in C#

12. How do I turn off the TaskList