ClassView is broken.
Author Message
 ClassView is broken.

One simple trick is to close your workspace, delete the .NCB file for the
workspace, and reload. The .NCB file contains information that ClassView
uses, but Developer Studio can regenerate it automatically.

--Carter

Quote:
> I bet this one has been answered before.  But a search in the usual
> newgroups did not get me an answer so I am venturing to post this.

> Frequently, I lose classes from ClassView or the entire class view goes
> away.  My solution is to either delete and add the files from fileview
> or if this does not work, to make a new project (very messy due to the
> resource files) and add the old class files in.  Is there a simple way
> of fixing the classview?

> Have searched MSDN etc.

> Thanks.

Mon, 21 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ClassView is broken.
Carter,

I have done this many a time.  But it does not always show all the classes
again although the file does get recreated.

Quote:

> One simple trick is to close your workspace, delete the .NCB file for the
> workspace, and reload. The .NCB file contains information that ClassView
> uses, but Developer Studio can regenerate it automatically.

> --Carter

> > I bet this one has been answered before.  But a search in the usual
> > newgroups did not get me an answer so I am venturing to post this.

> > Frequently, I lose classes from ClassView or the entire class view goes
> > away.  My solution is to either delete and add the files from fileview
> > or if this does not work, to make a new project (very messy due to the
> > resource files) and add the old class files in.  Is there a simple way
> > of fixing the classview?

> > Have searched MSDN etc.

> > Thanks.

Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ClassView is broken.
Does the program compile correctly?

The browser will only include stuff that parses correctly.  You can
watch stuff disappear and reappear as you introduce and remove
syntax errors, respectively.

Quote:

>Carter,

>I have done this many a time.  But it does not always show all the classes
>again although the file does get recreated.

>> One simple trick is to close your workspace, delete the .NCB file for the
>> workspace, and reload. The .NCB file contains information that ClassView
>> uses, but Developer Studio can regenerate it automatically.

>> --Carter

>> > I bet this one has been answered before.  But a search in the usual
>> > newgroups did not get me an answer so I am venturing to post this.

>> > Frequently, I lose classes from ClassView or the entire class view goes
>> > away.  My solution is to either delete and add the files from fileview
>> > or if this does not work, to make a new project (very messy due to the
>> > resource files) and add the old class files in.  Is there a simple way
>> > of fixing the classview?

>> > Have searched MSDN etc.

>> > Thanks.

Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ClassView is broken.

Quote:
>Does the program compile correctly?

>The browser will only include stuff that parses correctly.  You can
>watch stuff disappear and reappear as you introduce and remove
>syntax errors, respectively.

Also, if you app does compile, and VC is still messing up the view
(I've had 2 "globals" folders before), then you could delete all the
temporary files from the project (ncb, opt, plg, and dsw), then
re-load the dsp, and it will re-generate all the files for you.

Jimbo

Wed, 23 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. vc.net classview broken

2. ClassView breaks - list of classes empty

3. ClassView and folders - Still broken?

4. ClassView and folders - Still broken?

5. ClassView is broken.

6. ClassView broken

7. 6.0 ClassView broken

8. ClassView is broken.