Variables in Variables / Watch window
Author Message
 Variables in Variables / Watch window

I have built my onw CString class to work outside of MFC.  I noticed if I
use MFC's CString class in the variables or watch window it will show the
contents of the string.  However for mine it shows {???}  What do I need to
add to my class to get it to output to the watch window?

TIA Peter

---

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:36:44 GMT
 Variables in Variables / Watch window
are you in a release build? if it is, it does not load
symbols and will give you {???}

Quote:

5/29/2002

>.

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:17:04 GMT
 Variables in Variables / Watch window
Take a look at

D:\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\Packages\De{*filter*}\autoexp.dat

Andy

Quote:
> I have built my onw CString class to work outside of MFC.  I noticed if I
> use MFC's CString class in the variables or watch window it will show the
> contents of the string.  However for mine it shows {???}  What do I need
> add to my class to get it to output to the watch window?

> TIA Peter

> ---

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:27:38 GMT
 Variables in Variables / Watch window
Gee..I guess I should have stated the environment - VC6.0, I dont have .NET
Peter

Quote:
> Take a look at

> D:\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\Packages\De{*filter*}\autoexp.dat

> Andy

> > I have built my onw CString class to work outside of MFC.  I noticed if
> > use MFC's CString class in the variables or watch window it will show
the
> > contents of the string.  However for mine it shows {???}  What do I need
> > add to my class to get it to output to the watch window?

> > TIA Peter

> > ---

---

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:17:37 GMT
 Variables in Variables / Watch window
Nope it's debug build.
Peter

Quote:
> are you in a release build? if it is, it does not load
> symbols and will give you {???}

---

Tue, 07 Dec 2004 03:18:06 GMT
 Variables in Variables / Watch window
Hi Peter,

You can customize the output by adding values to the autoexp.dat file.  The
default location of this file is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin.  Information on how to customize this file is in
the file itself.  If you search autoexp.dat, you will see what we do to
display the string for the CString class.

Thanks,

Jacob Yang
reserved

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:03:49 GMT

1. Variable data not showing in watch windows

2. Problems with Variables and Watch Windows

3. How to see a static variable in a watch window

4. Q: variable / watch window

5. How to add variable to watch window

6. use "Watch Window" to validate variables

7. view arrays in watch/variable window

8. wrong value for a variable showing in the watch window

9. Variable Window Wrong Values For Variables

10. no variables in variables window

11. Help - I need to set variable A = value held in variable named in variable B

12. BUG BUG BUG watch variable