Out of Environment Space
Author Message
 Out of Environment Space

Hi, heelp,
Trying to configure a commandline compile, but can't get vcvars32.bat to
work. Returns Out of Environment Space complaints when the batch files try
and set include and lib. Any ideas people?

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Environment Space
What you need to do is create a new command.com shell with more environment
space before you run the vcvars32.bat.  To accomplish this you can do a few
different things, here's one:

- create a shortcut to the following (including all switches):

COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /L:1024 /U:255 /P

Then right click on the new shortcut and choose properties.  Next, click on the
Program tab.  Then change your Working Directory to that of your source code,
and add the full path of your VCVARS32.BAT file ("in quotes" if there are
spaces, may not matter) to the "Batch File:" textbox.  Apply, and OK.. you're
done..

Hope that helps,

~ Jay ~

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Environment Space
Doesn't that need to go in your config.sys? I'm a bit hazy on all that DOS stuff...

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Cavedog Entertainment.
Makers of Total Annihilation - http://www.cavedog.com

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Environment Space
You're thinking of the SHELL=  directive. eg:
<in config.sys>
SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /L:1024 /U:255 /P

By just running command.com with those params at a prompt, it changes the
existing command interpretor shell in the DOS window to the permenant (/P) one
just run, and continues on

~ Jay ~

Quote:
Bruce Dawson writes:
>Doesn't that need to go in your config.sys? I'm a bit hazy on all that DOS
>stuff...

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Out of Environment Space

Quote:

> Hope that helps,

> ~ Jay ~

Your suggestion didn't just help, it worked!

Many thanks, (you've saved me hours of frustration i.e. reading msvc help
files)

Samuel

Wed, 21 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Write to the DOS system environment space using C.

2. DOS environment space

3. Environment space??

4. Informix/DOS error 2009: Not enough space for environment

5. Out of environment space??

6. out of environment space

7. BC: Subprograms and Environment Space in DOS

8. Out of environment space

9. Program error : not enough space for environment ??

10. Out of environment space

11. How much environment space available?

12. Newbie VCVARS32.BAT -- Out of environment space error