Update all dependencies????
Author Message
 Update all dependencies????

I just loaded VStudio 6 and moved my project from 4 to 6 (I still need to
keep 4 going since we are using the mac cross tools which, sadly, have been
left at the wayside by MS).

I have it going now but was having trouble getting dependencies right.
While MSDN Library says that there is an Update All Dependencies opton in
the Build menu, I don't have one and ended up doing a Build All every time I
moved a file in or out.

Where is the Update All Dependencies option?????

Roger Sipson

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Update all dependencies????
Roger,

This question keeps coming up!  Presumably this was a late change and
Microsoft had to place
the information about it in the readme file rather than on the "Whats new"
page in the doco.

Anyhow - here is the text from the readmevc.txt file.

"The Update All Dependencies item has been removed from the Build menu
because dependencies are automatically updated in each build. Dependencies
are updated at the beginning of the initial build and at the end of every
build."

Regards,

Jason.

Quote:
>I just loaded VStudio 6 and moved my project from 4 to 6 (I still need to
>keep 4 going since we are using the mac cross tools which, sadly, have been
>left at the wayside by MS).

>I have it going now but was having trouble getting dependencies right.
>While MSDN Library says that there is an Update All Dependencies opton in
>the Build menu, I don't have one and ended up doing a Build All every time
>moved a file in or out.

>Where is the Update All Dependencies option?????

>Roger Sipson

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Update all dependencies????

Quote:

>I just loaded VStudio 6 and moved my project from 4 to 6 (I still need to
>keep 4 going since we are using the mac cross tools which, sadly, have been
>left at the wayside by MS).

>I have it going now but was having trouble getting dependencies right.
>While MSDN Library says that there is an Update All Dependencies opton in
>the Build menu, I don't have one and ended up doing a Build All every time I
>moved a file in or out.

>Where is the Update All Dependencies option?????

>Roger Sipson

Roger,

You can get the menu option back by using Regedit and editing the entry for
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/DevStudio/6.0/Build
System/EnableUpdateAllDependencies". If you change this value to 1, the
Update All Dependencies button reappears on the Build menu the next time you
run it.

Note, DevStudio must not already be running when you do this or it will
reset the value when you exit.

Jim Bohannon
PE Biosystems

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Update all dependencies????
Jim,

Thanks, I like the "Old Fashioned" way.

Roger

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Update All Dependencies" missing

2. "Update All Dependencies" missing

3. Update All Dependencies

4. Updating Dependencies Pain

5. Update Dependencies Pain

6. updating dependencies via automation

7. Update Dependencies in VC6????

8. Update Dependencies in VC6?

9. Updating dependencies of a MAK file outside of VC

10. Updating Dependencies in VC 5.0

11. resource compiler not updating dependencies.

12. NMAKE - How to update dependencies