Profile output window is blank when profiling with IDE
Author Message
 Profile output window is blank when profiling with IDE

The output window, under the profile tab, is blank when I tried to
profile my program. I probably don't have some setting enabled but I
don't know which one. Any help appreciated. Heres what I did:

I installed profiling (after initial install as it didn't install it by
default) for VC++ 5.0

I checked "function timing" in the profile options under build menu.
This is the only option I selected to keep it simple for first profile
attempt, i.e. no batch files yet.

I enabled profiling under project/settings/link

I built the project.

I executed the program using execute ... under build menu

The profile output window is displayed at the bottom of the dev studio
window, but it is blank.

Did I miss a step? Do I look elsewhere, i.e in a file for the output?

Thanks for any help
Steve:-)

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Profiling a dll with prep, profile from commandline.

2. : How to display mail profile settings dialog box for the selected profile

3. Profile .ini or registry profile control

4. Profiling won't work in IDE

5. Profiling in IDE

6. profiling in VC's IDE

7. Profiling in the IDE

9. profile.exe and Windows XP

10. Windows 9x User Profiles

11. IDE output window

12. redirecting to the IDE Output window